Schemes under State Plan
I ) Inland Fisheries :
- Distribution of Fingerlings
- Fish feed distribution
- Pisciculture in ponds excavated under Jal Dharo Jal Bharo scheme
- Production of big sized fish in big water bodies
- Replication of Moina Model in different districts
- Brackish water aquaculture
- Distribution of Jal-hundi
- Distribution of bi-cycles with insulated boxes
- Development of Small Fish Market
- Construction of Eco hatchery and portable hatchery
- Development of Reservoir Fisheries, Sewage-fed Fisheries and Air Breathing Fish Culture
- Development of Fisheries Project under SFDC Ltd.
- Setting up of District Level and State Level Laboratories for conducting research activities
related to Aquaculture
- Distribution of Fishery nets and Fishery requisites
- Development of Fishing Harbor and Fish Landing Centre
- Development of Brackish Water Fish Farming
- Infrastructure Development in inland fishing village
- Development of Cold chain system.
II ) Marine Fisheries :
- Development of Marine Fisheries, infrastructure and post harvest operation
- Infrastructure Development in marine fishing village
- Fish feed processing preservation and marketing
- Infrastructure for setting up of Wireless Communication Network in the Marine Sector for
the safety of Fishermen.
III ) Other Programmes :
- Training for Fish Farmer and unemployed fishermen – Panchayat Level, Block level, District
- Managerial subsidy grant to primary and central fishermen’s co-operative
- Rural Electrification work in Inland and Marine Fishing Villages by tapping up Unconventional Energy Resources.
- Disbursement of old age pension @ Rs. 1,000/- per month/fisherman
- Group Personal Accident Insurance Scheme for active fishermen.
- Expansion of extension wing and rendering extension services including publication of
journals and setting up of information units.
- Studies on impact of Ecological and Environmental Conditions on growth of fish and on
different Cultural Methods.
- Operation of Fish Farms for Adaptive Trails of New Technology and Production of Quality
Fish Seeds in Govt. Fish Farm
- Beel/Water Bodies excavation, de-siltation and renovation.
- Strengthening of Data Base and Geographical Information System Development.
- Blue Revolution
- Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana (RKVY)
- Rural Infrastructure Development Fund (RIDF)
- Schemes by National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC)